Same as for VAC Member
- Previous experience in administrative volunteer position: i.e., VAC membership, chair of large (50 or more) event, leader of regularly meeting group
- Ability to speak effectively
- Ability to remain neutral in demeanor and speech
- Minimum of one year of participation on VAC
- All the qualifications of a VAC General Member
- Attend all meetings
- Arrive prepared to start meetings at the announced time
- Prepare agenda
- Custodian of records, VAC Manual, and Minutes from meetings.
- Have a basic understanding of parliamentary procedure as practiced by the group
- Be aware of basic qualities necessary for an organization to function smoothly and effectively (administrative skills and human relationship characteristics)
- When openings arise for VAC/officers, strive for appointments or nominations of members who will round out the necessary capabilities of the VAC
- Insure that an acting VAC Chair is at all meetings by informing VAC Board Representative when unable to attend meetings
- Know the qualities inherent for good leadership and assess your abilities as a leader; in areas where you might lack the expertise or skill needed, have someone work with you to "take up slack".
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon.
See VAC Member
- Expanded ability in administration of organizational activity
- Practical application and development of leadership skills
- All the benefits of a VAC General Member